Southern Myanmar Trip Highlights:
- Discover the most famous pilgrimage site of Kyaikhtiyoe, Golden Rock Pagoda.
- Wandering the stories of Elephant King in the Sadan Cave, Hpa An
- Visit Hidden Paradise Shampoo Island.
- Explore the nature and local life biggest Bilu Island.
Day 1: Yangon – Golden Rock – Hpa An
Pick up from your Yangon Hotel, start your trip to Kyaiktiyo about (3 hours), a Golden Rock Pagoda. On arriving at the foot of the Kyaiktiyo, we will take the truck from Kinpun base camp to the pagoda. On arriving on the platform of the Pagoda, you will see the golden rock with a beautiful view and local people pilgrimage to Kyaiktiyo. After visiting around the Pagoda back to the base camp and drive to Hpa an.
Hpa-An, the capital of Kayin state, enjoy visiting famous and interesting Kaw-goon Cave pagoda which interior walls are decorated with thousands of images sculpted of all sizes and materials.
Overnight in Hpa An.
Day 2: Hpa An Full Day Sightseeing (B)
This morning visit to Hpa An Local Market, Shwe Yin Myaw Pagoda and Continue visit to Traditional Kayin people in Local Village near Kawkathaung cave.
Afternoon visit to Zwegabin Hill and Sa Dan Cave with beautiful stalactite & stalagmite, describing the history of Myanmar Elephant King Sa Dan love story and his previous hive. At the exit of the cave take an exciting boat ride on the waterway under Sa Dan Cave and walk along the way back to entrance through a beautiful paddy field.
Kyauk Ka Latt Pagoda which is the strange rock formation in the middle of the lake, take the beautiful photo with Zwekabin Mountain.
Watch the thousands of Bat flying out from the Bat Cave.
Day 3: Hpa An – Mawlamyine (B)
In the early morning, we take a two-hour boat ride to U Nar Auk Village, where you can observe the beautiful and monastery (U Nar Auk Monastery) in Kaw Nhat village donated by U Nar Auk, a famous rich man in Mon State who competed in water transport against British businessmen in colonial.
And we proceed with our car to Mawlamyine for Lunch, Continue to the tour highlights include Kyaikthanlan Pagoda, Mahamuni Pagoda, Khawnute Monastery. In the evening take a walk around to see the river view. Stay overnight at the hotel in Mawlamyine.
Overnight in Mawlamyine Hotel.
Day 4: Mawlamyine – Bilu Island Sightseeing Tour (B)
Start visit to the fish market and proceed to Bilu Island (Oreg Island) where many local handicrafts workshop is located. We will visit around Bamboo hats, rubber hand making, dun hill tobacco pipes, cheroots, and walking sticks making workshops. And then smile and say goodbye to smiling local people, head back to the mainland with the small boat along the beautiful river.
After Lunch continues to the tour highlights include Kyaikthanlan Pagoda, A famous Meditation center Shampoo Island (Kaung Se Kyun), Khawnute Monastery. Have lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch, visit Win Sein Taw Ya World Biggest Reclining Buddha image. In the evening take a walk around to see the river view.
Overnight in Mawlamyine.
Day 5: Mawlamyine – Yangon (B)
After having breakfast at the hotel, directly transfer back to Yangon Hotel around 5 hour drive.
- 4 nights hotel accommodation on a twin-share basic with daily breakfast
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Truck fees to Golden Rock, Boat fees in Hpa An Mawlamyine
- All Private transferring within the tour by air-conditioned vehicle
- Throughout English Speaking Tour guide or other languages on request
- All entrance and sightseeing fees
- All taxes & services charge
- Beverages and other meals not indicated in the program
- Visa to Myanmar
- Early check-in and late check-out at all hotels
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, shopping…)
- Tipping/ Gratuities