A day trip to Elephant’s home
-Come straight to the Magway Elephant Camp.
-Welcome Camp guide and information about the project (necessary information about camp will be given by English speaking staff). As well as safety instruction will be given before interacting with elephants.
-Walk (5-7mins) to the elephant village and see the life of mahouts with their families.
-Time to introduce the elephants and feed them (daily prepared food). Then the team will lead you to go to the river where the elephant bath and you can join for washing elephants like your owned pet.
-Opportunity to help in our forest recovery project. You are welcome to join us by planting one regional tree for forest recovery efforts. (GHV team will assist for planting program).
-Lunch will be served at the main camp.
-From the main camp, you can visit our recycled paper project from elephant poo, and further learning elephant study with Skeleton.
-You may able to have more information about elephants and forest (from our speakers).
Then, you may explore the forest area, the opportunity to see butterflies, birds, and orchids in our conservation area, if clients want to spend a longer time in nature. (by your owned exploration, if time permit).
-Return to your Kalaw hotel.
Things to know
- GHV does not focus on demonstration, riding and circus things with our old aged and retired timber elephants. Green Hill Valley Camp stands for elephant care with responsible programs.
- The temperature in the summertime is very hot and we do not let our elephants be in the heat for washing in the river, as it is a part of our elephant activities with clients. (11:00 to 15:00 is not the time for elephant washing in summer).
- Depends on the late arrivals, clients are requested to wait at the main camp or spend the time at an elephant village by joining us to feed and care with our daily schedule. (OR) clients are requested to arrive around 9:00 to 10:00 am for early elephant activities.
- In order to conserve nature, we have capacity control for the numbers of daily visitors.
Reservation is necessary to fix our schedules for the elephant team.
- Recommend bringing insect repellents. However, Anti-‐malaria precautions have been taken around our camp area.
- The dietary requirement for some clients is necessary to inform one day in advance.