Popa mountain near bagan
- An extinct volcano Mt. Popa, famous mansion of Myanmar spirits
- 18th Century wood carved Yoke Sone Kyaung Monastery in Salay
- Lunch at Ayeyarwaddy Riverside Restaurant.
Pick up from your Bagan hotel and drive along Ayeyarwaddy River to Salay (1 hour and a half). On the way, we stop by at Chauk provincial local markets. This is a wonderful place to explore Myanmar culture and cheap shops for souvenirs.
After 30 minutes you will arrive at Yoke Sone Kyaung Monastery (closed every Monday), which is a cultural heritage site in Salay, which is situated on the eastern bank of the Ayeyarwaddy River. The Monastery is very famous for spectacular wood cravings built-in AD 1882. Also, it is the native town of the famous writer Salay U Pone Nya during the time of the Myanmar Kings and we will visit his heritage museum too.
Enjoy the view from Popa Mountain resort with panoramic views with Taungkalat. And we head to Mount Popa 1518 meters high and extinct volcano from Popa Mountain. The Popa Taungkalat shrine is the home of 37 Mahagiri Nats or animist spirit entities, statues of which can be found at its base. To reach the top, you need to remove shoes and socks and climb the 777 steps to the summit. Along the way is a multitude of monkeys expecting treats. Transfer back to Bagan hotel.
> Rates and Condition
77.00 $USD per person Guaranteed Departure minimum 2pax
- Private transfers within the tour by air-conditioned vehicle, including pick-up and drop-off at Bagan hotel.
- Lunch at Salay House by the river
- All Entrance and sightseeing fees
- Experienced English speaking local guide
- Free mineral waters and refreshing towel
For more information:
- Pick up time (08:00 AM) at Bagan Hotel or Nyaung U Hotel
- Salay and Mt. Popa Tour Duration is (8) hours long, Please bring sunglass and hats to protect from the sun.
- Our tour price is base on Two people with a private sedan car. Any Reservation can request more people and children.
- For any last minutes booking, you should call our local hotline local tour operator number to check the availability.
- Dress Standard modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate. Comfortable shoes are a must.